CRM selection, roll-out, and training to entire firm
- Name: Wedlake Bell LLP
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Lawyers: 70 partners supported by over 170 lawyers and staff
- Website: www.wedlakebell.com
- Services: Four-practice-group model focusing on private client, business services, real estate, and dispute resolution
- Build on its reputation for excellence
- Select and implement a leading-edge CRM system to help it achieve its goals
- CRM relaunch
- Functional role contact classifications
- Data integration
Why Wilson Allen?
- Significant success with other firms on similar projects
- Understanding of the business development pipeline
- Identification of detailed requirements and vendor selection
- CRM deployment and training
- Ongoing data management and training support
- Development of cross-selling and financial dashboards that combine CRM and PMS data
Wedlake Bell is a contemporary London law firm, rooted in tradition with a lasting legacy of client service. Founded in 1780, the firm recognizes that long-standing relationships it has with clients have helped shape its past and provide a platform for its future.
The firm’s driving force is to empower clients by providing quality legal advice, insight, and intelligence that enables them to achieve their goals, whether personal or business. The firm is large enough to advise on the most complex matters, but small enough to ensure that its people and work remain both exceptional and dynamic.
Combining CRM and PMS data for valuable business intelligence
By innovating and working effectively as a team to deliver the best service to its clients, Wedlake Bell has become a leading midsize full-service firm. The firm engaged Wilson Allen to assist with the selection and implementation of a new CRM system.
“My focus is very much on continuing to build on our excellent reputation,” says Karen Mosley, head of marketing and business development at the firm. “As such, myself and Martin Arnold, our managing partner, recognized we needed to implement leading-edge technology to help us achieve our goals. We selected Wilson Allen to work with us on this critical project because of their significant success with our peers and understanding of the business development pipeline.”
Wilson Allen was initially engaged to work with the firm to identify its detailed requirements and select a vendor. In the end, the firm implemented InterAction towards the end of 2014. “We felt really positive about the process,” continues Mosley. “But we realized fairly quickly that was only the beginning.”
Following the successful deployment and the delivery of training to all the users, Wilson Allen was retained to provide ongoing data management and training support. “One of the best things we did was to provide a weekly training session for users where we would spend 1:1 time with any secretary or lawyer to resolve any detailed issues that they had,” says Laura Harris, one of the Wilson Allen consultants involved. “As a result, we have seen usage of the system at exceptionally high levels.”
Now nearly two years into the implementation, Wilson Allen have also developed a number of cross-selling and financial dashboards, based on combining data from the firm’s practice management system and InterAction.
“While there is a temptation during implementation to focus on inputs, in the end, CRM success is really all about the outputs,” adds Sarah Bodenham, Wilson Allen’s lead technical consultant on the project, “It was a logical next step to combine the data from CRM and practice management to provide really valuable business information.”