Integration of legacy systems to create a data-driven marketing and client management solution
- Name: Drewry Maritime Research and Consulting Services
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Website: www.drewry.co.uk
- Services: Independent maritime research consultancy offering market insights and advisory services to senior stakeholders across the global shipping industry
- Create a unified approach to marketing technology
- Bring together all the data collated by the firm across a number of legacy systems
- Combine data to drive more effective marketing and client management
- Deploy a GDPR-ready, client-centric marketing platform that would provide a holistic view of clients and prospects and all of their interactions
- Source, standardize, and consolidate multiple legacy data sources to a single, centralized platform
- Establish a flexible staging database that could handle audits, reporting, merge-purge, and ongoing delta-changes
- Data audit
- Data management
- Data migration
Why Wilson Allen?
- Expert data handing required due to the size and scope of the project
- Solid data pedigree and reputation
- Good fit for the project requirements
- Provide Drewry with the tools and expertise to manage the preparation and consolidation of the data
- Achieve real-time views of clients, prospects, and account activity from a range of perspectives
Drewry is the leading international provider of research and consulting services to the maritime and shipping industry with unrivalled experience and expertise across all market sectors, from containers and ports to tankers and dry bulk.
From their origins in London in 1970 to a 21st century maritime and shipping consultancy, Drewry has established itself as one of the most widely used and respected sources of impartial market insight and industry analysis. This in-depth understanding and objectivity provides clients with the actionable advice and recommendations they need to achieve their ambitions and stay ahead of the market.
They hold a unique combination of sector knowledge, rich market insight, and commercial awareness sets them apart and enables them to consistently deliver the performance, profitability, and competitive advantage their clients seek.
Source, standardize, and consolidate multiple legacy data sources
Drewry is a genuinely independent shipping and maritime research and consulting business specializing in providing professional services to key stakeholders in the maritime and shipping world. They are a best-of-breed firm with a rich heritage that stretches back nearly 50 years.
James Harley, head of marketing for Drewry, wanted to create a unified approach to marketing technology, bringing together all the data collated by the firm across a number of legacy systems and combining it to drive more effective marketing and client management. The vision was clear but challenging: a client-centric marketing platform that would provide a holistic view of clients and prospects and all of their interactions with Drewry. The company needs to be ready to face the challenges of the future and of course, be GDPR ready.
Knowing the key requirements for a successful project began with an absolutely clear vision of what they wanted the result to be. Harley also realized that he needed the firm’s leadership to be fully behind the project to create a solid, enterprise-level solution. It began with putting clients and content at the heart of the strategy—and that meant data.
“The data migration project for Drewry was an exciting new challenge for our firm,” says Barry Puddephatt, Senior Director, Business Development Technical Services. “Working with such a great vision was a lot to live up to, however, a good data management plan is always the foundation for any successful project. James and the team at Drewry were great to work with, being clear what they wanted and responsive to our questions and needs.”
Harley adds, “To realize our ambitions of a fully integrated, unified customer engagement and marketing platform, we understood the importance of a coherent data strategy. Sourcing, standardizing, and consolidating multiple legacy data sources to a single, centralized platform required a flexible staging database that could handle audits, reporting, merge-purge, and ongoing delta-changes.”
Wilson Allen provided Drewry with the tools and expertise to manage the preparation and consolidation of the data. This allowed Drewry to realize its vision of a unique system that would provide real-time views of clients, prospects, and account activity from a range of perspectives. Harley continues, “Wilson Allen worked tirelessly with all members of the CRM project team to deliver on an exacting brief. I would not hesitate to call on their expertise in the future”
Since the launch of its new system, Drewry has seen a spectacular increase in website registrations by 200%, plus signups to free content marketing titles and resources has increased by 350%. The firm’s consultants now have access to a real-time view of engagements and the ability to slice and dice the results according to their specific needs.