We hope you are well and that the implications of the global coronavirus outbreak have been manageable for you both personally and professionally. At Wilson Allen, we have been fortunate in that we’ve been able to transition to remote work with very little disruption to our business and our ability to serve our clients.
To that end, our consulting services team has fielded many questions from clients around the ability to print 3E templates from remote locations, specifically related to printing checks. Below are steps to take if your firm needs this capability:
- Save a copy of your check to a secure folder location. This may require an additional update to your template.
- Save the output as a Word document or PDF. If saving as a PDF, confirm margins and formatting matches the Word document and that everything lines up.
- Apply password protection to your PDF documents as another form of security, if desired.
- Ensure that you have installed the “MICR” font (located on your EDG server) to the local computer you are using to print checks. Restart your computer after the font is installed.
- If possible, bring a printer from work to your home office that has been used to print checks before.
- Finally, get a copy of a check or two that was printed successfully at the office as a comparison for formatting the alignment of the checks you’re printing locally.
If you have other questions and you’d like help finding the answers, please contact us using the form below. A member of our team can review your processes related to the following topics to help prepare your firm for all remote scenarios:
- Evaluating template distributions processes
- Updating check template workflows and security to better assist remote locations
- Generating electronic check or bill templates for accessible processing
Related Webinar: Wilson Template Accelerator Package for Elite 3E
If Design Gallery / 3E Templates is an area of interest, please plan to join us for the following free, online demo:
May 20, 2020 | 12:00 PM ET (US Focus)
May 20, 2020 | 2:00 PM GMT (EMEA Focus)