Realize a full return on your CRM investment through specialized services, reports, and tools.
Extract more value from CRM data
Many firms see their CRM system as an essential tool but are missing out on how to fully deploy and integrate it in a way that can deliver greater business value.
Wilson Allen has combined the collective expertise of our data and practice management system specialists to remedy this situation with a focused CRM practice. We develop software and provide services to help you make the best use of CRM technology. Whether you’re in the early stages of a CRM implementation or have a system in place, our team can help your firm realize the full return on its CRM investment.
We maintain a thorough understanding of all the CRM products in the market and how they might benefit you. We also maintain strong relationships with the software providers in the professional services markets and those clients that use their solutions. Our CRM experts focus our expertise in the following key areas:
CRM Vision and Strategy
Wilson Allen works with a large number of CRM platforms and systems including ContactEase, DealCloud, InterAction, Introhive, Legal360, Microsoft Dynamics, OnePlace, Peppermint, and Salesforce, turning our experience and your vision into a practical roadmap to implement or re-launch CRM and then helping you deliver the plan.
Analyze your existing CRM data to identify how well it meets your business objectives and then implementing practical strategies for addressing issues and concerns.
Data Management Strategy and Data Cleaning
We have a huge library of tips and tricks and tools for cleaning up data, whether we’re undertaking specific cleaning tasks or coaching and assisting your team to do so in-house.
Generate actionable and meaningful reports showing consolidated data for different entities such as companies, clients, contacts, activities, and marketing lists.
Marketing Communications and eMarketing Strategy and Implementation
We work with a range of emarketing systems including Vuture, Concep, Hubspot, Tikit, Campaign Monitor, Dotmailer, Mailchimp, and Active Campaigns, the goal being to help you work out the best system and the optimum processes for implementing an effective electronic marketing strategy.
- System Integration
For firms with CRM implementations, we can assist with writing new or trouble-shooting or amending existing integrations. Our focus is typically in assisting firms with integrations with time and billing systems (3E, Elite Enterprise, Aderant and Envision) and also HR systems to manage the flow of joiners, leavers, and alumni. An integration with these systems can dramatically reduce the burden of data management on already stretched CRM resources and delivers tangible benefit very quickly.
- Training and Education
We recognize more and more clients want to undertake work in-house so we can provide training for a range of CRM systems and in data management and cleaning techniques. We specialize in helping firms define, for example their rules for company research and cleaning, including guides on the best external data sources (Dun & Bradstreet, BVD, Cap IQ) and how to use them to best effect. Our team has more than 100 years of collective experience in getting the most out of their CRM and their focus is to help you do the same.
CRM Re-Launch service
Wilson Allen helps firms identify and implement the most effective CRM system and strategy to support business development, marketing, and critical business programs. We work with firms that have already implemented CRM but are not achieving the return on investment that they had expected.
- A finalized roadmap which contains:
- A set of clear tasks by workstream
- A resource plan
- A budget
- Helps to re-engage and invigorate users
- Review, audit, and cleansing of existing CRM records
- Review and rebuild of system configuration to support the ongoing business requirements
- Review of overall firm goals and objectives
- In-depth market knowledge to help drive key decisions
- Strategy documentation
- Clearly defined goals and a roadmap including workstream, tasks, budgets and owners
- Guidance on the best approach to achieve goals and objectives
Data Audit service
There are many things that can make your CRM deployment successful, but one thing is certainly true, bad data will kill your CRM program. Wilson Allen has developed a unique approach to auditing and scoring data which is designed to assist business development, marketing, and CRM users score the contacts and companies in their CRM system. The Data Audit service is particularly useful for firms considering a migration to a new system. In this scenario firms need to compile a number of disparate data sources and work out how they overlap, where the data gaps are and what the data cleaning and migration plan needs to be for their new system.
- Data is scored based on a range of different criteria
- Scoring is reviewed with the project team using a set of template reports and analyses
- The goal is to identify contacts for cleaning and those for archiving
- Categorization of all data held by the company to determine importance
- Elimination of redundant data that is no longer of use to the firm
- Provides insight into how the firm is managing their data and can improve data management
- Detailed reports
- Guidance on data management impact and processes
Data Discovery service
The Data Discovery service is typically a fixed-price engagement that enables us to confirm that we are able to gain the necessary technical access we need to review the data and clarify certain assumptions. At the end of this exercise we create a project charter and statement of work which reflects the project that will be undertaken thus giving everyone certainty before we start.
- A clear understanding of the client’s data
- Clarification of assumptions
- A full review of the data
- Understanding the data means no surprises further down the line
- Consultative approach and expertise on data management best practices
- Confirmation of technical access to data
- Project charter
- Statement of work for clarity before undertaking the project
Data Integration service
Many firms want to integrate data into their CRM system. Whether you’re trying to replicate data into CRM (or combining data) from HR, finance and third-party products—our team have implemented dozens of integrations with multiple CRM platforms.
- Clear understanding of the business and technical requirements
- Implementation of a control database to manage the integration
- Exception reports to manage any issues
- Provides key business information in a single repository
- Drives effective reporting
- Gives the firm an overall view of the data from all systems
- Automated transfer of business-critical data between systems
- Best of breed systems being used correctly
- Detailed log files and reports from integration process
- Data managed as per business requirements
Data Management service
At Wilson Allen we have been working with firms to clean up their data for many years and as such have developed a number of services, processes, and products that take the pain out of a data clean-up project.
- Data management planning
- Data stewards
- Standardizing and formatting
- Data alignment with firm’s key objectives
- Up to date validated data
- Consistency and accuracy
- Onsite or remote data stewards to assist you with your data management needs
- A range of automatic data management and cleaning tools and processes
- Improved data management processes and documentation
- Assistance in best practice, standardization, and formatting
Data Migration service
When implementing a new CRM system, it is essential to get the initial data migration right. This service helps to make sure your firm is fully clear on what it’s trying to achieve with the new system, as this will drive how the data is cleaned and migrated. Our consultants help you determine answers to important questions about your data strategy and then implement the most appropriate migration solution.
- A clear data cleaning and migration plan
- An understanding of how data will be harvested from legacy systems
- A clear plan for how changes to source systems during the clean-up will be managed
- Enhances the quality of the firm’s data
- Consultative approach and expertise on data management best practices, data transformation, and enhancement to align to the new system
- A new CRM system configured and populated as required
- Data quality improvements
- Data management best practices enhanced
Often the native reports from CRM are very list driven and don’t provide the user with actionable intelligence. Wilson Allen has developed a wide range of activity-based reports that can be customized for your needs. Our reports are designed to get right to the point, so you can get on with your job.
- Provides you with the ability to search on a range of different criteria to see a summary and then detailed drill-down of activities
- Examples of commonly used criteria are company/contact selection, contact types, marketing or working lists, practice groups or departments and activity types
- Ability to see all of the information in one place
- Gives a view of firm data in an easy-to-consume format
- Provides business development teams with information to help drive key initiatives
- Our team can produce reports which provide a graphic representation of the data or a simpler list which usually would be exported to Excel for analysis
Firms increasingly need to generate actionable and meaningful business development reports from CRM systems. One of the challenges in doing so is that users who have information about relationships and activities are not positively engaged with the CRM system and therefore do not record this information.
Our experience has shown that one of the ways to engage users is to provide them with reports that can enable them to identify, quickly and easily, where their business development activity is generating results and where there are gaps.
- Engagement Reporting provides an overview of the engagement with a specific client or group of clients and can display relationships, billings, and revenues against targets
- Ability to see all of the information in one place
- Gives a view of firm data in an easy-to-consume format
- Provides business development teams the information to help drive key initiatives
- We can produce reports using any style or brand template. The goal of our reports is to produce visually interesting actionable output
ScoreCard Reports and League Tables
The ScoreCard Reports enable firms to measure the quality of data, user behavior, and contact engagement at a moment in time or over time using a series of snapshots of the firm’s data. The ScoreCard is available on InterAction, Dynamics, and ContactEase and further versions for OnePlace and DealCloud are due for release. Contact scores are also loaded back into CRM to allow for searching and seeing a historic view of changing scores. The ScoreCard enables the data to be measured based on a range of criteria including the contacts known to a specific professional or a number of professionals and for administrative assistants and the professionals they look after, client group, practice, office, or other segment within CRM.
- Contact scores stored in your CRM system
- A dashboard report which can be run for a specific user or other sets of data e.g. client groups, offices or practices
- A league table provides the ability to measure and compare users’ data over time
- Drill-downs provide details of which contacts need attention with the ability to click through to the contact
- Enables the firm to score subsets of the data and benchmark them against an ideal record definition
- Provides the ability to identify good practice and those that need additional support
- Can be used to drive reward for users that are achieving high scores
- Enables CRM teams to target specific data issues
- ScoreCard report
- Drill-down reports provide details of which contacts need attention with the ability to click through to the contact
- Write back to your CRM system to enable more detailed searching
Data Confidence module
The management of data in CRM systems may have evolved but the expectations of accuracy have only increased. Data management teams however have often reduced in size or at least had their remit enlarged. The Data Confidence module uses an automated process to analyze data and then rank it according to the method and recency of any data validation activities giving greater weighting to those verification methods that are more reliable.
- An automated process to highlight data validation activities
- Locates records easily for further analysis
- Especially useful for managing data for a small team with large data management requirements
- See at a glance which data needs work
- Dashboard report for data snapshots at any time
- Data written back to additional fields
- Further analysis by folder
The Functional Role module assists you with the often-difficult task of classifying contacts based on their role, specialization, and seniority by searching for key words contained in the contact’s job title and department and then assigning a set of additional fields to classify this data. You can tailor both the key words and the additional field values although the tool comes pre-populated with hundreds of thousands of pre-defined mappings.
- Contact classification based on job title
- Assists with overall data management
- Categorizes records according to their job title and department
- Aids in data quality management
- Enables better targeted business development initiatives
- Ability to improve searching and segmentation based on job titles
- Updated categorizations on data in CRM
- Detailed log files and reports from integration process
Auto Scoring module
Perform automatic scoring of contacts and companies based on a range of different criteria. This process enables CRM teams to automatically rank companies and contacts based on their importance to the firm and develop data management strategies around those rankings.
- A process to automatically segment contacts and companies
- Typically driven by client status, activities, relationships and opportunities
- Companies and contacts are scored and results are written automatically to your CRM
- Continual analysis of data in your CRM to tier the records into meaningful categories
- Ability to identify gaps in data quality management practices by users
- Enables business development teams to identify where contacts are engaged and more importantly potentially where they are not
- Overview report
- Drill-down reports
- Data quality improvement
Alumni Knows for InterAction
Firms often struggle to manage the relationships for those professionals who have left the firm. The Alumni Knows relationship module manages this quickly and easily for firms using InterAction.
- Development of “who knows who” relationships across the entire firm
- Helps to identify cross sales and referral for business development
- Identify relationships with alumni so that they can be excluded from exports
- Identify clients “at risk” by being able to quickly and easily see those only known by people who no longer work at the firm
- Enhance existing system functionality
- HR management
- Correctly aligned “who knows who” relationships
Auto Archive module for InterAction
Archiving contacts manually in InterAction is a time-consuming process and if contacts remain associated with publicly visible entities, they can still be found. The Auto Archive module for InterAction automates this effort and enables an administrator to archive contacts (retaining a folder-specific version of all of their public information) into a secure hidden folder.
- A process to automatically archive contacts from InterAction
- Driven by the scores created by automated predetermined scoring criteria (See Auto Scoring)
- Creates folder specific activities which record all the information that was previously held on the contact for reference
- Removal of redundant data from the firm list
- Allows the firm to focus on the data that is relevant
- Ability to ‘resuscitate’ archived data if required
- Cleaner database
- Archive repository in CRM
- A set of management reports to ensure that no contacts with any real value to the firm are removed
Auto Activity module for InterAction
The Auto Activity module enables firms to automatically create activities and e-mail reminders to support business planning, objective management and event follow-up. InterAction is an incredibly powerful system but does not provide a great deal of automation. The goal of the Auto Activity module is to bridge the gap between business development and marketing initiatives and to provide reminders to users to ensure that they follow-up on their actions.
- A process for automatically creating activities and reminders for important contacts
- Based on contacts that are part of a business plan or marketing event follow up
- Reports are provided that show if actions are being completed or not
- Automatically generates activities and reminders to ensure that important events or targets are followed up in good time
- Once an activity is marked as completed it automatically generates the next one
- Reporting shows the next and last actions and any narrative so that teams can plan contact strategies
- Fully integrated with InterAction without requiring additional software or cloud-based data management
- Engages users by automating the activity creation process and delivering activity reports
- Provides a more accurate picture of activities taking place so that contact engagement modeling is more reliable
Health Check for InterAction
The Health Check for InterAction is comprised of four modules:
- Contact Engagement scores the contacts in InterAction based on their relationships and activities.
- The User Engagement analysis scores users of the firm’s InterAction system on a range of different criteria.
- Data Quality and Completeness analyses data on a range of data metrics to highlight areas of the database that need attention.
- Configuration Analysis undertakes a detailed analysis of the configuration so that this can be fine-tuned to better meet your firm’s requirements.
The Health Check is a great way to start an engagement with Wilson Allen so that everyone involved in the project can develop an understanding of the firm’s system and agree on high-priority actions and quick wins.
- A tool to take a comprehensive snapshot of how firms are using InterAction
- A self-contained application which analyses the system
- The ability to understand in detail where issues exist
- Can focus data management effort in terms of quality and housekeeping tasks
- A set of detailed reports on configuration, usage, and data quality
- Supported by our comprehensive set of InterAction workbooks, which we use to perform a deeper dive into the usage of the system
- A report with recommendations on quick wins and longer-term data management process changes
OnePlace Data Connector for InterAction
For firms that have made the decision to move from InterAction to OnePlace but are concerned about the data migration strategy, Wilson Allen has created a specialized data migration approach and toolkit. This includes the deployment of a number of applications to clean-up the data on InterAction combined with an integration tool. The integration tool harvests data from InterAction based on the agreed data mapping rules and can be configured to run in one-direction mode (InterAction to OnePlace or OnePlace to InterAction) or bi-directional mode.
- A tool to automatically migrate contacts, companies, and associated data (folder links, activities, fields and relationships) to OnePlace
- A control folder in InterAction which determines which contacts need to be migrated and the reason for migration
- Settings can be configured as one-directional or bi-directional
- Takes the risk out of data migration from InterAction to OnePlace
- The ability to run both systems simultaneously for firms that are planning a phased roll-out
- A proven data migration path for firms moving to OnePlace
- A detailed data mapping document
- A documented set of rules for which companies and contacts are being migrated