Leveraging technology to better identify and respond to client needs
- Name: Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP
- Headquarters: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Lawyers: 1,000
- Website: www.womblebonddickinson.com/us
- Services: Core legal services that bring an international perspective and extended jurisdictional reach to a wide range of client needs.
- Realize its vision to leverage technology to better identify and respond to client needs
- Create a detailed roadmap that addresses data, technology, training, and communications
- CRM relaunch
- Data management
- Data audit
Why Wilson Allen?
- Excellent reputation
- Ability to quickly identify the processes and procedures needed to ensure technology supports business strategy
- Perform detailed audit of CRM data and user behavior
- Inform strategy workshops that were conducted with key stakeholders
- Implement more automation around the management of data
- Advise the firm on the implementation of gwabbit and Smart Connect to move to a passive data collection strategy
- Simplify existing data management settings
- Create business development reports
- Look at how integration with the firm’s other systems could further automate the way the firm works
Womble Bond Dickinson has both regional heritage and local knowledge — combined with a transatlantic outlook — and this generates insights capable of unlocking more opportunities
With locations on both sides of the Atlantic, they can provide the breadth of legal experience and services to meet clients’ needs without losing the intimacy of being connected to
With networks and relationships around the world, they bring an international perspective and extended jurisdictional reach to a wide range of client needs — a powerful combination that presents a compelling alternative to other firms.
Automating data intelligence to respond quickly to client’s requirements
Womble Bond Dickinson (US) prides itself in providing value by combining professional skill, technology, and a thorough understanding of its clients’ needs to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, and responsive services. Central to this clear identity is putting the needs of clients at the heart of the firm’s strategy. As such, the firm recognizes that there is a requirement to use technology to support the strategy.
Womble engaged Wilson Allen to assist it in defining a roadmap to enable the firm to leverage its technology to ensure that it better identifies and responds to the needs of its clients. Anne Reavis, director of business intelligence at Womble Bond Dickinson, is very clear on why the firm approached Wilson Allen to assist. “Wilson Allen has an incredible reputation for being able to quickly identify the processes and procedures that need to be put in place to ensure that the technology supports our strategy,” says Reavis. “We engaged Wilson Allen to create a detailed roadmap of what we needed to do with data, technology, training, and communications to help us to realize our vision and put together a plan to keep us on track.”
The work started by undertaking a detailed audit of the data and user behavior, and this helped inform strategy workshops that were conducted with key stakeholders. “One of the key things that came out of the work was that it was clear that there was a need to implement more automation around the management of data,” says Jason Harriss, the lead Wilson Allen consultant on the project. “The firm had always adopted an opt-in approach to contact sharing, and it really needed to implement an opt-out approach.”
Following Wilson Allen’s advice, the firm implemented gwabbit and Smart Connect to move to a passive data collection strategy. The firm also worked very closely with the Wilson Allen team to simplify existing data management settings.
While the data management work was going on, the project team were working on the creation of business development reports and looking at how integration with the firm’s other systems could further automate the way the firm works.
“We have a very talented team of people at the firm,” concludes Reavis. “But I have no doubt that engaging Wilson Allen gave us the expertise and the momentum to realize our goals.”