The Senior Business Consultant is responsible for delivering high-quality consultancy, mainly but not exclusively for, Aderant and its related software modules. The role requires close work with clients who are implementing Aderant Expert / Expert Sierra throughout the project lifecycle to establish business and functional requirements, document specifications, develop and assist with testing and training on client specific solutions and deliver them. This individual is adept at collaborating with business and technology leaders, balancing multiple projects, and designing solutions that enable our customers to maximize their investment.
For the right candidate, there is also the opportunity to grow further within the Aderant services practice in the US region.
- Manages the business and application consulting side of an Aderant Expert implementation
- Trusted advisor to customers on business and functional needs, industry best practices and evangelizes on maximizing the customers return on investment
- Leads in the review of requirements and business processes to design new business processes and deliver the solution
- Directs analysis of customer needs and implementation recommendations
- Conducts functional strategy workshops as related to the proposed solution
- Works closely with project team members such as the Engagement Manager, the Project Manager, the Technical Consultant and other specialist consultants to deliver the solution
- Efficiently transforms business requirements into viable solutions that meet or exceed client needs
- Coordinates pre-packaged activities related to the platform covering specific functional areas of the solution. This will include:
- Documenting (where required) functional requirements and the solution to be developed
- Facilitating agreement of appropriate business solutions with the users and subject matter experts
- Gaining agreement with the client (or business analyst) on how existing features and\or functionality will be deployed or modified
- Developing appropriate resource and delivery plans that can fit within the overall project plan
- Providing accurate estimates regarding the amount of effort required to deliver the solution through the normal project life cycle
- Designing appropriate testing and training plans
- Implementing software solutions within project scope and timelines
- Works with the client and others to effectively deliver the required solution
- Handles all other duties as assigned or required for this position
- Undergraduate degree or at least 10 years equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience of implementing Aderant Expert and related software
- Business development experience including RFP responses, strategy, scoping, estimating, planning, oral presentations, contract development and negotiation
- Client management experience including developing and maintaining executive level relationships
- Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context
- Excellent active listening skills
- Exceptional critical thinking, judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to build client solutions.
- Ability to travel to client locations on a regular basis.
- Well-developed communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management, IT and Business Support users alike
- Possess a passion for exceeding client expectations
- Client focused and committed to timely delivery of appropriate solutions that meet (or exceed) user requirements
- Must be highly motivated and have a flexible working attitude
- Methodical and well organized and able to work well under pressure
- Familiar with the complete project cycle, from presenting the initial business case, to post implementation review
Wilson Allen offers a generous healthcare package, paid time off and parental leave, retirement savings plans, life and disability coverage plus much more. To learn more and apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.