Wilson Allen is seeking a Project Manager to join our growing team! The Project Manager ensures successful client engagements and consistent client satisfaction by leading business users and technical professionals through each phase of a project. This role provides oversight to multiple concurrent projects across various teams and clients. This role is responsible for budgeting and managing the profit margins of assigned projects and the overall success of a project. This is a remote position that can be worked from anywhere in the US or Canada.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall management of business users and implementation personnel throughout each of the project phases
- Responsible for reporting to Implementation Director on status, progress & issues
- Manages all facets of the project life cycles – from requirements and implementation through testing, deployment, budgeting tracking, resource allocation, and change request management, and customer support – mitigating and minimizing exposure to risk and assuring the successful and timely execution of multiple simultaneous projects with respect to timeline, budget, and scope
- Offers the client technical direction, drives project scheduling and is responsible for the allocation of project resources
- Presents the practice’s capabilities and initiatives to a breadth of system stakeholders, from system users to the developer community to information technology (IT) managers and system owners. Leads software demonstrations for visiting program managers and at off-site meetings. Conducts technical overviews and explorations for the development team. Leads conference sessions
- Collaborates with CEO, CTO, COO, Director of Development, Business Analysts, other Project Managers, and Implementation Engineers
- Participates in requirements discussions and gathering
- Compiles requirements into client-facing documents and internal engineering documents.
- Supports the creation and upkeep of project artifacts and documents such as Requirements Response, Project Plan, Wireframe / Prototype, Standard Consulting Agreement, Statement of Work, Software Subscription Agreement
- Monitors Work-in-Progress, measuring requirements milestones against actual work-to-date
- Consistently maintains > 75% of time spent on client-billable projects
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 3+ years of related experience with significant responsibilities related to software/IT project management
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, project planning, tracking, and estimation, budgeting, and release planning is preferred.
- Experience dealing with collaboration and project tracking tools: (Smartsheet, JIRA, Confluence, Intapp Time), and MS Project.
- Competent in the following areas: problem solving, customer-focus, communication, collaboration, organizational support, quality focus, and punctuality
- Authorized to work in country of residence without restriction or sponsorship
Prolonged periods at a desk and working on a computer. Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of tasks and performing other essential duties. Work occasionally requires more than normally scheduled work hours to perform the essential duties of the position.